Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all.

I recently made two changes to the AT that have brought some brake issues that I would appreciate your input on.

1. I installed a Scott's steering damper using the Motorcycle Adventure Gear mount kit, which includes 1.25" taller bar risers. With the bar raised, when the steering is at full left lock the (DCT) parking brake cable is pulled a little too tight for my liking; I would like to extend it a couple of inches. I'm fairly handy, and am wondering how complicated it is to replace the cable myself. Is this one of those jobs you would leave to the cycle shop?

2. I installed the Altrider brake pedal platform, which added about 3/16" to the height of the pedal. That felt a bit high to me, so I moved the lever down by one spline on the pedal mount. Now it feels like I need to tilt my foot a bit too far forward to get the brake action that I want; can I use the cable adjustment to further fine-tune the pedal position, or does that just affect the modulation / action of the brake itself?

Thanks!

·
Registered
295 Posts
The hand brake cable operates a separate calliper that is only the parking brake. I think that the master cyclinder for the rear brake has no adjustment as such and is controlled by rods.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, I have a 2018 Atas, which I am just raising 1.5 inches, are you in the uk?.
I have purchased a standard dct cable which I am sending as a pattern to extend 2” and in process of getting patterns for brake hose, will gladly pass on info if required

1 - 3 of 3 Posts