Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
No but i have looked at them because my front brakes are shockingly bad until they 'bed back in' again, if i leave the bike for a few days the front brake needs a lot of squeeze to make anything happen but within an hour or two of use it gets it's bite back.

I think i am the only one, the dealer says its ok so i will try some sintered pads when they become more widely available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've put the SBS pads on - SBS Street Excel Sinter HH Front Brake Pads pads from ebay to be specifoc.
They are way cheaper then the OEM Honda ones and the EBC equivalents at £42. Normally I'd have gone with EBC but I've not seen any bad reviews of the SBS pads so I thought I'd give them a try.
I changed the original honda pads at just over 20,000miles, they still had some life in them so impressed with there logevity.
The SBS pads fitted perfectly, they worked well from the start and now after a couple of hundred miles are getting better. The squeal I had from the honda pads when maneuvering the bike into the garage has gone, the initial bite seems a better, certainly no worse and I've no problems with then. There was a slight squeal when breaking hard but this has gone as they have bedded in.
Can't say how long they'll last but at the moment all is good - I'll report back if anything changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts