Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally going to bit the bullet and rebuild the suspension. My question is has anyone used traxxion dynamics for there bike. They do come well recommend from people with other bikes. Was wondering if anyone on here had the atas done by them or used there system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am very interested in this as well. I think I want to go further than just reworking oem, but not as far as Full Ohlin's forks and the most expensive rear shock money can buy. I've been looking into a lot of different options and am unable to decide. I am tempted by Ohlin's cartridges and rear shock, but Nitron is another brand that has popped up on my radar. Traxxion is a brand that showed up when I was shopping for cartridges for my VFR. I heard good things about the AK-20's.

My biggest issue in my searches seems to be finding people that are using any of these options on things much rougher than a gravel road. I have a tendency to be a bit... abusive. I look forward to hearing what you think.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I replaced the rear with a Nitron shock, night and day better than the OEM Honda one. I have new springs for the forks so will get those 'rebuilt' shortly with slightly heavier oil to balance the bike out. I've had Nitron on previous bikes and been very impressed. On a par with Ohlins IMO

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both. May as well do the whole the while it's getting done. Lowering it 1 inch so there cartridges work which out modifying the oem.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This will be the first suspension I've done. I'm pretty average on weight and talent so most of the time the oem stuff works well. So far this has been my only real issue with the bike. I'm hoping it helps me like it more. I will do my best to give feed back.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, was supposed to drop the bike off yesterday and pick back up today. Got a call that the new spring for the rear wasn't ordered in. Would have been better if I was told that before making the trip back and forth with the scooter. Anyway, supposed to get a call when it gets there and get back on the schedule. I understand if we were waiting on parts but try not let me know before have me make a trip. Always something 😌😌

·
Registered
13 Posts
****, that sucks. I am really looking forward to hearing what you think about the cartridges. I ordered a rear shock from TFX suspension today and am still on the hunt for a fork solution.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the Ohlins rear shock and recently installed the Ohlins fork cartridges in my ATAS forks with new proper weight straight rate Ohlins springs. I must stay that I am very impressed. Can't believe it's the same bike. Ride quality is taken up multiple notches and adjustments are simple and actually make a noticeable difference. Install was easy. Did new green SKF for seals and bushings while I was at it. Used Ohlins recommended fork oil. Super happy with it. Purchased everything for front and rear from Cogent Dynamics for less than $2500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts