Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just placed an order for Brooks Autosports Panniers from www.brooksautosports.com. I shipped them to a US address and I'll be picking them up around the 15th.

I'll write a review once I get them installed.

Just letting everyone know, I hope they are a decent offering for the Africa Twin that isn't nearly as expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also interested in the Brooks panniers and rack. Do you by chance have a copy of the rack install instructions that you could share? I'd like to see how the rack attaches to the AT.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked all over their site and the web. No install instructions. I should have mine Monday. I'll post up an image for you if encoad doesnt

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm also interested in how this mounts.
I like how the Holan uses the rear rack instead of drilling the fender like so many.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm also interested in how this mounts.
I like how the Holan uses the rear rack instead of drilling the fender like so many.
Putting the weight back on the rear rack makes me nervous for the rear rack.
I like the drilling-the-fender method a lot more in terms of structural strength of the setup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Install instructions

these are pretty sturdy. See to be some rebranded something's. Finish is good, as well as fit. Went on in about 20 minutes. Just have to drill two 20mm holes through the rear inner fender through two existing holes. I wasn't thrilled originally, but it seems to be a super sturdy mounting point. Also, if you have an aftermarket exhaust it's going to look a bit dumb. I have a rotopax to mount on the left side to even them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts