Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until I can afford my full Ti SC Project system, I decided to see what I could throw on it for under a hundy and have something that runs and sounds good, and won't make me cry when I drop it in the rock garden. This is what I slapped together...

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Universal muffler kit from HK. Muffler adaptors from Autozone. Exhaust clamps from OEM AT exhaust and OEM F6B exhaust. Muffler weld to seal the two adaptors together. Red High Heat silicone seal between adaptor and Universal slipon, and adaptor and OEM headpipe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ebay of course. The upstream end of the adaptor was put on an anvil and the lip of the i.d. was peened out a wee bit because when the pipe was cut it curled the lip inward and reduced the actual dimension. Cleaned up with a rat tail, and tapped onto the end of the stock pipe with a block of wood and a mallet, a nice snug close tolerance fit. An old double end box wrench turned out to be a perfect exhaust hanger. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone, you mean like metro sexual hipster snobbies blocking my way on the trails in Stanley Park? None of them had their fingers in their ears as they dove out of my way if that's what you're getting at.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I keep the dB killer installed, it actually is pretty quiet. Just as quiet or more so than a lot of other much more expensive slipons like Leo Vince, Termi, Yosh. Quieter than the FMF system on the wife's TTR225. I, like a lot of people around me, get tired very quickly of loud brapping. From motorcycles too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts