Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the idea of the wrap around exhaust side panniers. And Bumot in particular.

just wondering if its really worth paying the extra for the EVO over the standard Defenders?

Ive seen the standards are now on offer... with the EVO an extra £300. is it worth paying that extra £300.

anyone have a view?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I ended up getting panniers from happy trails, but before my purchase, I was considering those and Brooks.

This post from another forum I think highlights the differences very well and you can see why the Evo is more expensive.

"I called ADVMotorrad customer service and they said: (They're customer service is great!!!! They answer the phones and when they say they'll get back to you, they do)
The lids are deeper on the EVOs
The luggage tie down loops are on the corners of the EVOs; they're set slightly inboard on the defender. (I think this more securely hold items on top of the panniers.)
The bottom on the EVO is one piece, while the defender the side and bottom overlap and are sealed for water. It looks like a good hit could crack the seal.

I got the Defenders and am very happy with them. Haven't taken a spill yet, but am on the way to Inuvik this summer, sooo it's just a matter time."

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the end I went for the EVO. In frozen grey and with the tool box. when they arrive they should look something like this. (another bike)

Attachments

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,104 Posts
I got my set of Bumot from ADVMotorrad too, they called me to fix an issue with my order, great ppl to deal with. Below pic are my improvements to my boxes

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts