Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at the Bumot hard panniers and they are super nice! I can't find much info about their soft luggage, though.

I'm also looking at Mosko Moto's 35L Backcountry panniers. Here's my problem: I would like to be able to pull of the soft bags and easily pop on hard cases for everyday street riding, as they seem much more convenient to access your gear., but finding the right combination of rack, hard case and soft bags, is a challenge, especially when you factor in the various quick release mounts.

Any of you guys found a good solution for this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the Bumot rack, a set of hard Defender pannier boxes, and a set of Xtremada soft panniers. The Defenders more convenient for finding stuff inside, but I like the soft Xtremadas because they are compact and out of the way. If I had to choose between them, I would go with the Xtremadas.

Also I like that with the Bumot setup, both Defenders, both Xtremadas and the Bumot toolbox all use just one key.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Durability?

I have the Bumot rack, a set of hard Defender pannier boxes, and a set of Xtremada soft panniers. The Defenders more convenient for finding stuff inside, but I like the soft Xtremadas because they are compact and out of the way. If I had to choose between them, I would go with the Xtremadas.

Also I like that with the Bumot setup, both Defenders, both Xtremadas and the Bumot toolbox all use just one key.
Thanks, that helps a lot! How would you rate the durability of the Xtremadas? I have some Mosko Moto gear and it is very well made. The Xtremadas cost almost as much. How do you think they would hold up to falls?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Matt - Not exactly an answer to your question, but just a comment - I have the Mosko 35L Backcountry and use them both on and off road. I find them very easy to access for items that I pick up during the day around the city (grocery items, small items from H/W store etc). Just undo 3 clips and unroll the roll top - reverse and repeat. The Mosko gear is bomb proof and 100% waterproof - as you say, very well made. By the way, I just got the new Most tank bag - it's great, and it contains a hydration bladder, so no more camelback for me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I just mounted the Nomad tank bag today, as well. Very Nice!

I decided on the Backcountry 40 duffle to start with, as my budget is telling me I need crash bars and bark busters before panniers (Skid plate, too). Anyway, If the duffle isn't enough for my gear, I'll probably go with the Backcountry 35 panniers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have. I ended up ordering the Backcountry 40 duffle to start with. I needed to use my available budget for crash bars and some other protection (skid plate, etc.). I tend to pack light, so the duffle may be all I need, along with a few other small bags I can tether to the molle panel.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I love my Mosko Backcountry duffle. I am on the email list for the next run of the tank bag. Excellent gear (although shipping costs cause some head-scratching).

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the Mosko R80.
Was a supporter from when they began their process to market.
Worked well on my Suzuki DRZ400s.
Great communications and customer support.
I had a wicked wipe out and damaged the top of my bag.
They treated me very well.
I highly recommend their gear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts