Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I traded in my BMW S1000XR for the AT DCT. I was concerned that in the long run that the BMW would be expensive to maintain. The S1000 power was addictive and unfortunately the AT's power is adequate but not as fun. I'm still in break-in period so I have not push it yet. Did I make the wrong decision to go with the AT? All comments are welcome!

Happy Holidays!

Chuck

·
Registered
165 Posts
Give it time, go off-road. I'd love to have another Fireblade, but I also want to go dirt biking. So many parameters and so many bikes, buy them all! (I'm going to win the lottery this weekend) You'd be surprised how quick you can ride a twisty road on the AT. Sportsbike riders are equally surprised!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Give it time, go off-road. I'd love to have another Fireblade, but I also want to go dirt biking. So many parameters and so many bikes, buy them all! (I'm going to win the lottery this weekend) You'd be surprised how quick you can ride a twisty road on the AT. Sportsbike riders are equally surprised!
Well said!! every single word of it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Depends what you expected from the AT,if power is your boat floater 95bhp is never gonna feel like 160bhp.

Cheers :smile2:

·
Registered
328 Posts
My only "buyer's remorse"? is that I bought in january18 another s1000r ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had ordered a BMW S1000XR in the red white and blue. When it came in, I rode it I knew immediately I didn't like. I then bought the ATAS, what a great bike. the BMW had a lot of power, but that came with a lot of vibration. Plus the seat position just sucked. The Africa is very strong and very fast, good enough for every day. Plus I can move around on the seat, unlike the Beemer. Maintenance is a breeze on the Honda.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ghostrider: Do you have a photo of all or some of your bikes? Tell us what you think of them. Do you have some favorites?
Yes , sure i have pictures , but doesn`t make too much sense post them in not related forum.
Favorites? Mt10/MT10sp , Gl1800 and (yeah what a suprise :grin2: ) the ATAS

·
Registered
728 Posts
S1000XR and AT are completely different tools - you can ride gravel, 2-track and single track with the AT.
Would you ride down this hill and up the power line on an S1000XR?

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
No remorse for me as the Twin was the next progression in my riding. Coming off a CRF 450X and into the Twin was just a step in the right direction for longer rides and camping in remote locations. Regrettably, I do not have a large stable of rides to compare one stead to another,

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just buy more bikes! I have a sport-bike, a naked, and the AT. And although I hate to play favourites, the AT is the most fun - yet it has the least power.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd have to agree with black99ss, and I'm not trying to insult you. Your comparing two completely different bikes. Did you research the AT before you bought it. It's not a sport bike. It's an adventure bike. Its like comparing a car to a truck, both have four wheels but are designed for completely different task.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts