Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it fairly simple to route a cable from under the seat up to the handlebar/cockpit area without having to remove too much plastic?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, just remove the black plastic trim piece below the tank. First remove the seat, then remove the two 5mm allen bolts, then carefully pull the trim pice away from the front, coming out and back. There are two pieces of posi-lock (Sort of like velcro) that also hold the trim on. At the rear, it is held on to a saddle piece crossing the rear of the tank. As you tip the front of the trim up with the rear tab in place, you will be able to remove the entire trim piece as it slips from the tab.

Now you have a good runway under the edge of the tank, behind the frame. Zip ties can help you attach to existing wires using that runway. Works on both sides.

Rob

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks will be looking to run a couple of feeds up from a PC-8 that I have ordered from Eastern Beaver when I pick up the bike next week. Great name for a business and I am surprised that searching for it didn't bring up all sorts of 'strange' sites that wanted my credit card number or offered to sell me a bride??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts