Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaps,

I was wondering if anyone is planning on going for the high front Mud Guard/Fender as it is referred to in the United States which is being produced by Camel Tank?

https://camel-adv.com/collections/honda/products/africa-twin-high-fender-kit

I have bitten the bullet and I have ordered one for my White CRF and was wondering what folk think of the new look? and also what sort of front mudguard and fork protectors I should attempt to use. It mentions on the website that I should be using KTM replacements but I have no clue where to start.

All the best

Simon

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just seen the e-mail from Cory........pretty impressed with the customer service.

Just ordered all the bits and bo0bs from my local KTM dealer, I was astonished how cheap all the gear was. I am now just waiting for the kit to arrive in chilly blighty which will be at the back end of next month.

All the best

Simon

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ordered mine a few days ago and got the ktm parts on the way. Ordered a tank too, sweeeeeeeeet tanks. Not only will the mud be a problem in my area (same area the kit is made) but I think the AT looks complete with a normal dirt bike fender instead of that empty space.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The thing I worry about with the high mudguard is riding at speed.

There is a really good reason that Honda designed the bike the way it is and if you look at Dakar bikes they are all the same.
I have been through some really nasty mud (a lot of it!) and had no problems with the mudguard where it is.

Just sayin!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Honda's Dakar bikes actually have a front fender, as do many others while some have nothing.

But that's on the other side of the planet from me, totally different riding environment. In my area guys are breaking or being forced trail side to remove their front mud guards on ktm 1190s and africa twins because of the savage clay mud. You might be 100km away from pavement when a little rain hits and what was a rock solid road suddenly becomes a greasy nightmare clay road from ****. Then you've got a front wheel that won't turn and a long tedious ride back to civilization. The kit is 100% reversible so I'll swap the stock mud guard back on and leave the brake lines as is for long road based trips if the wind resistance is an issue at the speeds I ride.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Would love to hear from some folks wh who've ridden with one on the highway at speed

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
The thing I worry about with the high mudguard is riding at speed.

There is a really good reason that Honda designed the bike the way it is and if you look at Dakar bikes they are all the same.
I have been through some really nasty mud (a lot of it!) and had no problems with the mudguard where it is.

Just sayin!
Spoke with a guy at Camel. They've had the bikes up to 200km and high cross winds with no issues apparently.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had mine up to 150kms/hr no issues.
Had some wicked cross winds the other day and no issues again.

Spoke with a guy at Camel. They've had the bikes up to 200km and high cross winds with no issues apparently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
fitted this kit onto my bike in December - the very wet season in the UK. Been down the Motorway at 100 MPh, no problems with wind or vibrations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wondering if you have any pics of your bike with this fender?

Is it the same fender as the KTM 471 08 010 000 30

I'm all in for the Camel new front fender, brake line repositioning kit.
I don't even have a bike til first week in April!!!!!

Cory from Camel sent out an email last night with all the specific part numbers for the KTM plastics.......
Very easily sorted from your favorite on-line supplier.
I went with this selection:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...na-125cc-450cc-2014-ktm-125cc-525cc-2008-2015

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/acerbis-front-fender-ktm-sxsxfxcexcxcwxcf-w-125cc-530cc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts