Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently added Barkbuster LED DRL to my bike. I really wanted to have a switch but didn't want to add a non-OEM switch. I couldn't help but notice the "knockouts" on the left side of the fairing.

This morning I stumbled on this image : (notice what looks like a light switch on the left side of the display, I don't have this)

Can anyone tell me anything about this switch? Does your bike have one? My US 2019 ATAS DCT does not.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,005 Posts
Perfect, thanks for the information !
The stock switch is an easy install (other than the time it takes to remove the fairing). If you order the switch order the wire harness too. I put another OEM stock switch next to mine, installed the OEM one too, my 18 ATAS didnt have one either, they only come if you order the OEM fog lights. But I would say don’t install that second switch it was a LOT of fabrication and choice words for that switch on the left. They do not come lighted but you can do that too, with any small LED, there is no set place to mount the light, but it still can be done.. The OEM one (on the right) is really easy, just pop out the blank, then two small screws hold the switch in place on its mounting platform...

Reactions: superfunkomatic

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dragon,
Thanks for the tip. You read my mind. I was thinking "why not get two" and you answered that question.

I see you have one of those windshield support bars. I've been curious about those. Is that necessary ? Or is just aesthetic ?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,005 Posts
Dragon,
Thanks for the tip. You read my mind. I was thinking "why not get two" and you answered that question.

I see you have one of those windshield support bars. I've been curious about those. Is that necessary ? Or is just aesthetic ?
installed it for a place to mount my GPS and figured it wouldn’t hurt too because I have a bigger Givi windscreen. also thought it looks good and might give the instruments a bit of protection...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts