Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed the Shorty lowering link and adjustable kick stand. When I removed the bolt holding the stand and the switch on, the switch casing broke and the switch came apart. My bike starts but won't go into gear (DCT), I have ordered a new switch but is there a way to override the switch ? I would like to ride while waiting for the switch.

Has anyone else tried to replace the stand? There does not seem to be anyway to remove switch without breaking it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How about just simulating, that the stand is in the riding position by applying something to hold the switch closed (a loop of duct tape or wire or something like that)? Then there is a possibility of doing that in the circuit - dont know right now if the switch opens or closes the circuit - needs measuring and then shortening the circuit or opening the circuit...

·
Registered
124 Posts
My switch broke. I landed badly on a rock and got lucky that’s all I broke. I cut and stripped the two wires and twisted them together and taped them up. It is a fix that got me off the trail and works fine as long as I remember to always put it in neutral! 2019 AT DCT

It’ll work til I get a replacement one of these days.....or decide to save the $50 for farkles and gas.

The switch is screwed onto the head of the side stand bolt. It’s held onto the bolt with an 8(?) mm bolt. Once you take that little bolt out, the switch falls away easily.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yesterday I installed the Shorty lowering link and adjustable kick stand. When I removed the bolt holding the stand and the switch on, the switch casing broke and the switch came apart. ... ...
Has anyone else tried to replace the stand? There does not seem to be anyway to remove switch without breaking it.
There is a bolt on backside you remove separately that holds the switch. And the switch is keyed.
Camel ADV has. Nice how-to-install video. Scroll down on the web page.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a bolt on backside you remove separately that holds the switch. And the switch is keyed.
Camel ADV has. Nice how-to-install video. Scroll down on the web page.
Yup, watch the video.....I did the same thing when I took my side-stand off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts