Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey smart people! I have a 2020 ATAS and would like to install some LED lights. I was wondering if the bike will throw codes if I just tap into the highbeam wires to get a switched signal for the relay?

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
786 Posts
That should work fine SX. Of course, no warranty is expressed or implied with this free opinion.

;)

·
Registered
484 Posts
the question is in which wire , otherwise , yes , you can make some damage , be careful.

·
Registered
2020 base standard
54 Posts
I tapped into the accessory circuit. Easy to get to too:

·
Registered
2020 AT DCT
74 Posts
Hey smart people! I have a 2020 ATAS and would like to install some LED lights. I was wondering if the bike will throw codes if I just tap into the highbeam wires to get a switched signal for the relay?

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
786 Posts
That should work fine SX. Of course, no warranty is expressed or implied with this free opinion.

;)
Just to be clear, when I installed my Denali running lights, I hooked to the switched side of my Eastern Beaver PC8 under Ol' Red's pillion seat. The install details were captured here:

With this connection, the lights are activated anytime the key is on, just like the headlights.

·
Registered
2020 base standard
54 Posts
Just to be clear, when I installed my Denali running lights, I hooked to the switched side of my Eastern Beaver PC8 under Ol' Red's pillion seat. The install details were captured here:

With this connection, the lights were activated anytime the key was on.
Gotcha. You're in same position as me, aux lights always on (switched). My LED aux lights are only 10W per side, but bright enough to piss off oncoming traffic at night. I look forward to seeing the solution.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here's a question for the EU models.

When you activated the spots on the screen . Did you connect the lights and then bridge the red connector or can you bridge the red connector and activate it before you even install the lights. I am trying to find out if the system needs a load on the circuit before it will register .
I hope this makes sense

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Here are the Baja Designs aux light instructions. They use the high-beam wire from the switch assembly for their trigger.
BD lights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts