Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This is on the left hand side of my bike and is 'weeping' some sort of fluid of indeterminate nature

Thanks in advance..

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
It is a crankcase breather vent drain line and should be drained occasionally. It will have some engine oil in it so be prepared for a spill when you remove the plug to drain it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
There are three breather tubes from the airbox- two on the left and one on the right.
All three need to be drained when you see fluid in them.

Reactions: AT-Dragon

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,007 Posts
There are three breather tubes from the airbox- two on the left and one on the right.
All three need to be drained when you see fluid in them.
Thanks guys for the information . Will drain it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
That one pictured is the one that will have some oil in it, the other two (forward ones) are always dry, well at least I’ve never had any oil in them, nor have read that anyone else had to drain those two, but it never hurts to take a look anyway...

·
Registered
577 Posts
How much fluid is in the tubes is mostly a matter of how humid the riding environment is- the Southeast US vs Western States.
I've drained fluid from all three a few times 1583494970931.png 1583495005354.png - about an inch as seen inside the tubes.
Left side:
Right side:

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,007 Posts
Reactions: DoubleThumper

·
Super Moderator
6,433 Posts
lol - I drain lines when I remember, which can be every couple of years. I will adopt AT-Dee's oil change interval.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I usually have a look at mine every time I lube my chain, only the rear left one has ever had any oil. With the small amount of oil that comes out I could easily leave this for longer intervals but it only takes a second to check and drain so I do it at the same time so I don't forget.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts