Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my 2012 Tiger Explorer for a Candy Red Africa Twin DCT.

The Tiger is a great bike and did everything I wanted it to do when I bought it used a few years ago. The previous owner set it up well. Riding it on the dirt roads that I ignored on the touring bike, lead me to trails and sand and other areas where my skills could not take the Tiger.

I am hoping the AT will get me to those places I didn't know I wanted to go.

Thank you for your posts. They helped me make my decision to get the AT. If I don't like it, I may blame you.

Take care,
Daniel

·
Registered
52 Posts
congratulations on the new AT. I went with the Rally Red DCT. The dealer got three bikes in and assembled the Candy Red one before they assembled mine because I had my hand in a cast and I didn't want to have to stare at it in the garage. The Candy Red bike is a beautiful bike and I almost went with that one but I decided it looked too good to take out and get dirty. Good Luck and enjoy it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It absolutely get you get into as much trouble off road as you want, but will get you out too. Great bike, I fell in love with the Tiger but after buying the AT and using it mostly on dirt roads, I am impressed and over my Tiger lust.

You will not regret it. other than the shrinkage in your wallet from buying accessories.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for welcome.

How is the Torque Control different than traction control? And, what the heck is the G button for? Reading the manual has not made this any more clear to me.

Daniel

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Thank you for welcome.

How is the Torque Control different than traction control? And, what the heck is the G button for? Reading the manual has not made this any more clear to me.

Daniel
The way that my dealer described it is that G mode (think Gravel) is for use off-road. When pushed it activates additional sensors, accelerometers and inclinometers that can tell when you are ascending, descending or traversing more difficult terrain. The sensors will hold the gear longer in those situations, so that the bike won't change gear unexpectedly in those situations, or is at least less likely to do so.

I didn't know enough to ask them if it still had any effect in Manual mode, so I have no idea on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts