Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Getting delivery in 6 days and can't wait ! Went into dealers to buy a Tenere and came out with an Africa Twin - love at first ride ?
I really hope you mean a used one because I'm having to wait ages for a new one to be delivered lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Getting delivery in 6 days and can't wait ! Went into dealers to buy a Tenere and came out with an Africa Twin - love at first ride ?

Tell us the story! What pushed you away from the Tenere/toward the AT? New? used? Dct or manual? Without the info and picture, we won't beleive you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for delay, log in problems. Went to my local dealer, Ecosse in Aberdeen, to test ride the Tenere and a Cross tourer, the Cross tourer didn't feel quite right so just tested the Tenere which was brilliant. All prepared to do the deal I went back to the dealers just as their fully loaded demo AT was being offered for sale, decided to test the AT and, despite sideways rain and cold fell in love with how it felt. Somehow it just felt more responsive and solid compared to the Tenere. Ecosse gave me a good PX on my Pan European so I was a very happy chappie. I also have a Triumph Explorer so it will be interesting to compare the two.

·
Registered
238 Posts
And u hvnt said what colour.do u go off road or will it be mainly on road and trips.the reason I ask is if I buy it will be 90% on road in all weather so I'm wondering wld it b wrong bike.rode it twice on short demos mostly motorway so hard to tell,but it felt good.just wonder bout big front wheel.let us no what u think.

·
Registered
479 Posts
It happened to me, went to buy a Triumph and came out with an Africa Twin!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As soon as possible I will post my thoughts on my new AT and my Explorer, however I think that I may have to have the AT surgically removed before that happens !

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AT won't be used off road at all ( unless by error ! ) and used for riding around the north of Scotland. Group of us usually do a weekly run out for lunch covering 300 miles or thereabouts. Each year we do a trip abroad for 3 weeks, France this year, Norway and the Arctic circle the year before.

AT is red, white and blue, in my opinion the best colour scheme ☺

1 - 10 of 10 Posts