Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted carbon Fiber Fender Extenders or Huggars.Are they needed to keep certain areas of bike a little cleaner.Any advice on best brands to get.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone heard of Blueball engineering from Spain.they do carbon fibre fenders for most brands.Anyone buy from them and were ye satisfied with item and service.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I'm curious to hear people's feedback, too. I have a tough time believing they would do anything but keep a bit of road water and grit off the bike and may actually be more troublesome if you get mud under there.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
153 Posts
As explained to me at a Horizons Unlimited meeting a number of years ago, the largest advantage to a front fender extender is that you will have a lot fewer flats on your rear tire. The extender keeps many of the objects you hit with the front time from impacting the rear tire, so less rear tire flats.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's interesting Old Can,not hear that b4.hv u Huggars or front extender fitted to yr AT????

·
Registered
312 Posts
As explained to me at a Horizons Unlimited meeting a number of years ago, the largest advantage to a front fender extender is that you will have a lot fewer flats on your rear tire. The extender keeps many of the objects you hit with the front time from impacting the rear tire, so less rear tire flats.
Fender extender sales people have obviously had some Zig Ziglar training. In particular "Secrets of closing a sale" please!.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This I would agree with. Just ordered the Bluebird extender here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibre-Honda-CRF1000L-Africa-Twin-Fender-Extender-Extension-CRF-1000/272522055998?_trksid=p2054502.c100227.m3827&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908103841%26meid%3Dfa6fb2da207a4f38a130b6f505335c70%26pid%3D100227%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D272522055998

I've got them on a couple other bikes also. Nice product.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Has anyone heard of Blueball engineering from Spain.they do carbon fibre fenders for most brands.Anyone buy from them and were ye satisfied with item and service.
Yeah I bought one for my NC750X - excellent quality but it took a long time to come. I am confused about the Spain thing because I ordered it through them as a Birmingham UK address I think and yet I was told they were made in Spain.
Anyway it looks much nicer than the ABS plastic one I had already bought but not fitted.
BTW - hope I'm not preaching to the converted but Sikaflex 291 is the best (only?) stuff worth using to fix it on?
Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have the pyramid front extender and rear hugger fitted. For road riding the hugger is great for keeping stuff clean but will become quickly clogged when off-road I suspect. Is also shiny black where the rest of my bike is matt black so not 100% on it yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can someone post a photo of one that's installed on the bike please ? I am keen but unsure of where it sits and looks like ...cheers Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts