Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried modifying the stock catalytic converter to open up the exhaust? The reason I ask is due to the limited compatibility of aftermarket headers and the OM crashbar system. I have a Remus slip-on, but I understand the headers won't work with the OM's. To solve this issue, I was thinking about hollowing out the cat so it'll just be a straight through affair. It looks fairly easy, nothing a large drill bit, a shop vac and some patience wouldn't take care of. Of course, if someone knows of another header that will work with the Remus, I'm all ears. Thanks...SC

·
Registered
15 Posts
As far as I know, the stainless steel Arrow headers will fit the standard can or any slip on can that fits onto the standard headers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the Akra headers will do the same as well, but the issue is with the clearance of the OM crashbars. Per OM, the only headers they've confirmed to have clearance are from Termignoni. I'm patient and have hollowed out plenty of cats in my day >:)...SC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts