Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for advice on the best center stand option.

Someone has posted that the Honda center stand bounces because the springs are not strong enough?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
76 Posts
My Honda center stand is fine

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have an original center stand on my bike also, but never noticed bounce back with it - my problem is; it is really hard to reach it, i always hurt my tibia bone :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I also have the Honda Centre stand. I ride very rough back roads and some offroad. To date there is not a hint of the stand moving off its stop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i noticed the bouncing immediately. had Honda check it, but still the same. maybe some spring issue? it bounces even when i go over traffic bumps

·
Registered
72 Posts

Someone has posted that the Honda center stand bounces because the springs are not strong enough?

Thanks all!
I have seen two AT's so far with only one spring fitted! perhaps its because of that?

·
Administrator
259 Posts
Hey there,

I have moved this thread to a more suitable section on the site.
The section you originally posted in is meant for more site related issues.

I hope you found the answers you were looking for.

Enjoy the forum.

Richard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone out there have experience with aftermarket center stands?

I would find the bouncing Honda stand quite irritating.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm sure that would affect it. Just got the Honda unit and it came with 2 springs. Haven't installed it yet ...I'll report back after some speed bumps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got mine installed. Checked tension with one spring before I got the second one installed....
big difference in tension. I could see where it would bounce with just one spring installed.
BTW the second spring is fun to install. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
There are a couple of hump back bridges in my locality. They are short sharp little bridges over small streams that will easily launch a bike if one desires. Because I know them so well I frequently get a little air over them. Even the landing after that does not get the centrestand to leave its stop. The bike has bottomed out on its suspension several times on dips but again the "dreaded centre stand bounce" does not occur. Afaik only one person on here (perhaps two ? ) have had a problem with the centrestand. It could be "single spring syndrome" or simply a weak spring. Imho that does not constitute a "problem" and is easily fixed. Imho, price is therefore the only consideration.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Thanks all!
yes - the centre stand can bounce - mine did over just easy speed ramps without either wheel even leaving the ground it scraped along the road !

when it went for first service I got the boys at Honda Al Futaim to adjust it and now it fine so i guess it just a setting

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a SW Motech center stand and it bounces. It also has two springs. I added a rubber strap and mounted it where the footpeg bracket used to be.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My Honda C/Stand is fine, has two springs from new.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Any physical differences or other reason to choose the SW Motech over the Honda centre stand? I've just ordered an AT...
What about the weight, shape, ergonomics, price etc. Is one stand clearly the better choice? Or is the SW Mototech an exact copy of the Honda one?
I'd like something other than the 'bounce' discussion that has collected most posts.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts