Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have experience or opinions on a center stand for the AT?

I did not order the Honda one but am thinking of adding it or the SW-motech version. Other than the strong spring that seems to be the biggest complaint about installing the SW-Motech, I have also heard that it hangs down more and is prone to rattling and scraping the ground. And that it may not be compatible with the AltRider skid plate. Searched the forum but did not find much on this topic although I'm sure it has been discussed.

What do the experts have to say?

·
Registered
480 Posts
You are more likely to find third party skid plates have been designed with the original stand in mind (unless from the same supplier) so going Honda would be the safe bet. The Honda one is fine and very easy to use, a stand is a stand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got the honda one and it's just fine.
I can't think why it's not standard. Have you ever tried to change a wheel or fix a flat on a side stand especially out in the middle of no where ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Another +1 for the Honda stand.
The springs where a literal pain to install, but otherwise it was straightforward.
Takes some effort to get the bike on and off the stand, but this is the first time I've ever had a center stand so that might be normal.
Hard to get off the stand in my garage because it just slides on the floor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts