Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at 11kmiles and didn't really need any chain adjustment yet (major plus for honda). However I thought I would put on the chain alignment tool and it was quite a long way out. I had to do 1.5 complete turns to get it straight then just a 1/4 turn each side to take up the slack and in truth that's probably made it a little on the tight side but the chain was cold when I did this. My wheels were replaced at 8k miles and a lot of other work had to be fitted into that service day (faulty heated grips as well). But it doesn't really take any longer to get the rear wheel lined up.
Just in case it's my cheapo alignment tool I think I will buy one of those laser things
Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
I may be wrong with this practice, however, I determine how well the chain is aligned by letting go of the handlebars and noting what the bike does riding on a level surface. If the bike goes right, the rear wheel is pointed to the left of the counter shaft sprocket and vice versa. Has always worked for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts