Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Recommended oil change is 12000km/7500miles, I personalty like to keep my oil clean and fresh so I change my oil every 4000km-5000km/2500miles, a wise old mechanic once said the best possible oil you can have in your motorcycle is clean oil.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I change the oil every 6000km and the filter every 12000km, unless I am travelling in which case I extend the oil change. When I did the silk road in the summer of 2017 I carried oil with me and did an oil change at 6000km in Khiva, Uzbekistan. But in my trip to Morocco last Easter I changed the oil at 9000km upon my return.

I have actually noticed that (semi-synthetic) oil of good quality looks/feels very good when I change it at 6000km, so it could be the case that the change interval could be longer with no harm to the engine. The guy who goes round the world in the following blog has been changing it every 10000km or more for 130000km in total:
http://www.threesomewithtwins.com/en/bikes/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts