Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda in the UK is offering 0% finance on 2017/2018MY Africa Twins, though it is not clear whether this is available through all dealers or just a few. Given that I'd be getting 3 years of free credit, I might be interested in a 2018MY AT, because it looks as if the only thing that changed between 2018 and the latest crop of 2019 new bikes is the colour schemes. Is that really the case - are the mechanicals/electronics the same?

TIA
Dan

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the 2019 Brochure and nowhere does it say "new for 2019" on either pages for the standard or sports versions. Nor are there any changes even slight changes mentioned in passing.. small improvements etc.

So.. only different colour-ways. and in the case of the tricolour sport.. the loss in 2019 of the 30th anniversary sticker.

Although I really do like my 30th anniversary I must admit the new colour 'Digital Silver' is very attractive in real life. And given the choice if I were going for a 2018 v 2019. TODAY. I would go for that one. but thats purely subjective and as far as I can see the only reason to opt for a 2019 bike over the 2018: The choice of colour.

in passing i must admit that I think its a bit of a shame that the 30th wasn't a stand alone colour.. with a 2019 tricolour being slightly.. or profoundly different. To really set the 30th apart from the rest as a true special edition.

further edit.. i have just looked at my local dealerships website and they are offering 0% PCP on the standard manual bike only. any other deals are available only on enquiry and not stated in black and white.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Motobiker. I quite like the look of the Glint Wave Blue in the 2019 crop of colours for the standard bike. Agree that the Adventure Sport looks very good in Digital Silver, but then I also like the Pearl Glare White. Unfortunately just too big for me.

Dan

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have just taken a stock new 2018 year model for a significant reduction on the 2019 model. I am very happy with this and the money I saved can be spent farkling etc.

You might need to check a few dealers ensuring you include some hungry high volume ones!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello all.
per my Honda only dealership, 2018 and 2019 are the same by specifications except for color choices, all the shortcomings of 2016 and 2017 are addressed for 2018.
2020 is different . I bought my 2017 DTC for a good price , if I even need to replace the forks, still 2017 price is fair for me.
Ride safe/Ride long

1 - 7 of 7 Posts