Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the 15$ footpegs from ebay for the XR650L?
They look alot like the the IMS Super stock pegs and has the same dimensions.
How bad can they be?

Since my postcount is too low to post links I'll just post the name of the ebay item:

Motocycle MX wide Black Foot Pegs For Honda XR650L 93-09/XR650R 00-07

Olav

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the $15.00 XR650 cheapies off Amazon two years ago no problems so far.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Contacted IMS for Rally pegs. I have them on my CRF 450x and have been very happy. Thanks to Steve at IMS for all his assistance the second time around.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought the cheap Ebay ones, after reading quite a few satisfied reviews...

I didn't like them. They seemed to be angled back a bit, so that when standing flat on them my heel was lower than my toes. So most of the time I was just resting on the front edge instead.
Just wasn't a perfect fit.

BUT, to this day I'm not sure if I got the correct model or if the Chinese seller accidentally sent me a similar but different one. The picture on Ebay shows a5 b5 stamped onto the footpegs, and the ones I received had a 22 stamped on them.

I don't know if I got the correct model and the Ebay photo is wrong, or vice versa. Since I didn't want to risk buying another identical pair I just agreed to a partial refund from the seller, and will buy the real IMS ones when I have a chance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
amazon foot pegs

Well, I got mine from amazon. They fit without any cutting or grinding. I used the stock spring and as always a little tricky, however if you put the pin through first and then pull the spring thru with needlenose pliers and a screwdriver works. I liked that the teeth aren't too sharp to cut your soles, but sharp enough for use in the mud. Oh, yes they are very much bigger.

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought the JFG Racing Billet footpegs for XR650L from Amazon - $58 USD delivered to my front door. Made more difference than anything I've changed on a motorcycle in years. I really like them - they fit perfect - I highly recommend them. And the Red color matches the bike.

Later, Bud...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts