Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help explain, what is the correct way to adjust the clutch cable to ensure it isn't engaged when the clutch level is released. Should there be play in the clutch cable when it is released?

·
Registered
100 Posts
According to the Service Manual, there should be between 10mm to 20mm of free play when measured at the end of the clutch lever. Minor adjustments should be made with the upper adjuster (at the lever). More major adjustments should be made at the lower adjustment arm (at the clutch lifter arm).

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Also, make sure you have the sidestand up when you start the bike and check the adjustment with the engine running.

I never had a bike with a sidestand cut-off before, and I couldn't figure out why the AT wouldn't start in gear even when I had the clutch pulled in - I thought the clutch was out of adjustment.

Doh!

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the free play the point before you feel some tension in your fingers, or should there be 10mm of free plat before the arm down at the engine starts to move?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts