Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the clutch lever out of the clutch casing without splitting the case from the engine? I have a slight oil weep on the oil seal and would like to change the seal.
While it's out I thought I would like to modify this if possible as per the KLR clutch lever modification.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I believe there is a return spring at the bottom of the shaft so I doubt you'd be able to successfully get the shaft back in without taking the side cover off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, yes I saw that but was unsure if it would come out.
Thanks for confirming that Herr. You in Calgary by any chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not going to split the case just to mod that arm.
May think about an add on to the arm, in situ. If that happens I will post up how I did it.
Don't hold your breath though.
Thanks to all for comments.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The KLR clutch arm modification is to lessen the effort needed to pull in the clutch lever and also give a larger fiction zone of the clutch if thats the correct term. Easy to do on the KLR as the arm is easily removed from the casing and extended by splitting the arm lever and welding a short (5/8" long) piece onto the existing arm lever. It works and is a great little mod, if you have access to welding equipment that is.
Hope that helps explain what I thought of doing to the AT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts