Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a Nemo 2 chain oiler.
I'm probably going to mount it on the mirror clamp, however, I'm interested to learn about alternative mounting options.
Those of you that use the Nemo 2 - where have you mounted it, and why?
Also, what oil do you use?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Do a search on the forum: there is some alternative position.
I mounted it on the mirror clamp:most practical position and also it is very easy to get the tube there (going on the left tank side).

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
In terms of the Tutoro auto chain oiler, I have been using their standard offering. It is teal (or cyan) in colour. I have also been successfully using full-synthetic 5W20 engine oil without any degradation of the unit for many years. I toggle between the oils pretty well randomly. My understanding is non-synthetic engine is not recommended and can cause damage to the unit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
After seeing this, I had to order one for my 2020AT. Ended up getting the Nemo2 Gidibi. Significantly cheaper than the Cobrra one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi guys, I bought the nemo2 and the installation was done by the dealer. However the inner side of the chain is not oiled. The end of the hose points to the middle of the chain. This was the solution bythe dealer as he could not put the oil hose end close to the sprocket as suggested by Cobrra. Any experiemce with this?
cheers,
L

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,128 Posts
It won’t hurt anything on a sealed chain, it may rust a bit but that won’t hurt the chain.. the main thing to worry about in chains is the rollers. As long as you are getting a good coat of oil on those you should be alright..

Reactions: silverfox966

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
Oil will find its way @silverfox966, even to the other side of the chain, and especially during the warm riding seasons.

As @AT-Dragon pointed out, the most important area to keep moist is the rollers, and I will add the associated o-rings too. If the o-rings become "encrusted" (and/or the links touching them corrode), then they will fail and then the chain will start to fail. By keeping these critical areas "moist", debris will literally fly off the surface thus reducing chain contamination and slowing its ultimate demise.

Note:

I suspect if one is going to do a lot of sandy road riding, one may need (?) to crank up the oil feed rate to help aid in flinging off the sand bits that happen to cling. Maybe somebody who does a lot of sand terrain can lean in and comment more intelligently.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just a word to the wise, don't mount the Nemo 2 anywhere close to the engine. My bracket arm snapped in half and by the time I noticed the reservior hanging by the tubing, it had scratched my frame and engine cover. My bad for copying the mounting point above the engine.
The USA seller in UT would not warrant anything even though it was only 4 months old. Expect very poor customer service if you have a problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts