Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wait I thought we were “dreaming “ here not a nightmare...just kidding
LOL mines the same, but just till I want a new one (don’t have to wear mine out)
ooh ! Do you get the “rolling eyes” and “what another part for your motorcycle “ from her too?
She is pretty good with new parts for the bike and likes to be sure that "new bike" is comfortable for two. Additions to me tool collection are another matter. Fortunately I have most of the tools I may need now.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
She is pretty good with new parts for the bike and likes to be sure that "new bike" is comfortable for two. Additions to me tool collection are another matter. Fortunately I have most of the tools I may need now.
Lol I hear you ...

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think that the demise of such shops came about because of a couple of things. One was that fewer people got into riding as riding areas disappeared and became over-regulated and the industry itself became over-regulated which drives up costs and makes it more costly for a dealership to operate. The culture also changed and it seems that fewer young people are drawn to the adventure and self reliant lifestyle that riding motorcycles offers. The profit on bikes became leaner and again regulatory issues with wages and insurance made the smaller businesses unviable. In order to survive dealerships had to become larger with several brand offerings to have enough volume to pay the rising costs. These larger multi-brand dealerships have more of a corporate structure and have become more numbers driven and more impersonal. The days of the small mom and pop dealerships are gone I'm afraid.
The other big drag on any business is the cost of liability insurance. Sponsored events, riders etc. drive the insurance they must carry as well. Too many sue crazy people out there.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts