Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Picked up mine on Monday. Having fun setting up the suspension although the forks will loosen out some more with mileage. 600kms+ on it as of today. I have a Fenda Extenda ready to fit, and Crashbars will be next followed by Givi or SW Mocheck pannier racks.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I fitted the Pyramid fender extender great piece of kit, it really has made a difference,:grin2:

I've also gone back to the standard screen, I bought a new helmet a Schuberth E1 adventure, and to be quite honest the plastic peak is just useless over 30 mph it bounces about and vibrates, so I removed it, but then found the high screen was buffeting my helmet a lot, so low screen and no adventure peak, all's fine now, very pleased with the helmet now, :wink2:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sorry - I was only joking. I wish they'd updated the C3 Pro vents at the same time actually as ventilation is the only weak point on it. Well, that and the integrated comms system they sell. I didn't get on with that at all and gave it back - my ears are still recovering!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
:grin2: no probs, and yes the ventilation is much better than my old C3, the new helmet feels much lighter too, though I've not checked the weights,

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

I made a fairly simple sat nav bracket yesterday from 2mm stainless steel, to go over the top of the Tripmaster, works well,
I wasn't very happy having the sat nav on the handlebars, much easier to glance at now without really taking your eyes off the road,

21 - 27 of 27 Posts