Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning,

I'm considering buying a 2019 AT but worried it's too big for me at 5'8". I'm a very experienced rider and former MSF instructor but have always owned smaller sport and naked bikes. The closest one is at Pony Powersports but it's the AS model which is considerably taller than the standard.

Anyone in the Columbus, OH area that would let me sit on theirs?

Thanks,

Ed

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Unfortunately, I am not in the Ohio area, hopefully, you will find someone who is. If it helps at all my wife is 5'8" and does fine with the standard AT with the seat in the low position. To the point where she is actually going to swap it for the ATAS seat in the low position after trying mine on her bike. She found she preferred the shape of the ATAS seat.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,128 Posts
Good Morning,

I'm considering buying a 2019 AT but worried it's too big for me at 5'8". I'm a very experienced rider and former MSF instructor but have always owned smaller sport and naked bikes. The closest one is at Pony Powersports but it's the AS model which is considerably taller than the standard.

Anyone in the Columbus, OH area that would let me sit on theirs?

Thanks,

Ed
Hi and welcome,
I’m south of Detroit but have a aftermarket seat so that wouldn’t help anyway..
I will say this, the AT is one of the best balanced bikes I’ve owned, so normal stopping, even on tiptoes is not an issue, but that said; she is a big girl and tip her to far and she’ll take a nap and when she does wanna nap it’s really really hard to tell her no.

Reactions: EDventure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately, I am not in the Ohio area, hopefully, you will find someone who is. If it helps at all my wife is 5'8" and does fine with the standard AT with the seat in the low position. To the point where she is actually going to swap it for the ATAS seat in the low position after trying mine on her bike. She found she preferred the shape of the ATAS seat.

Welcome to the forum!
That’s great to know. Thanks for sharing.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,128 Posts
If you do get one i have the OEM low seat, brand new ( well it does have like 13 miles on it ) blue color tho..

Reactions: EDventure

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
I will say this, the AT is one of the best balanced bikes I’ve owned, so normal stopping, even on tiptoes is not an issue, but that said; she is a big girl and tip her to far and she’ll take a nap and when she does wanna nap it’s really really hard to tell her no.
So far I am hopeful. Liter+ inline-4s that reach "that tipping point" are difficult to recover. Many times the best you can do is let 'em down gently. The AT feels (so far) more manageable in comparison.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Late to the discussion. I just picked up a 2019 ATAS. That won't help you. However, if you haven't purchased anything yet I'd encourage you to check out Toledo East up in Maumee. Great selection, better prices. Short trip but worth it. Last I checked, they had several left over AT DCTs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts