Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Flybikedave , I mesure 5’6 160lbs and I also dislike the original seat , but I purchase a seat consept confort seat cover and foam , and it is twice has bad . Believe it or not it is even harder than the original . so I don’t recommande it . it’s for sale if anyone is interested .
The Corbin seat has to be better , only problem it dose not look like a adventure / off road seat .
maybe Touratech or Sargent will soon have a better option.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,627 Posts
Hey Flybikedave , I mesure 5’6 160lbs and I also dislike the original seat , but I purchase a seat consept confort seat cover and foam , and it is twice has bad . Believe it or not it is even harder than the original . so I don’t recommande it . it’s for sale if anyone is interested .
The Corbin seat has to be better , only problem it dose not look like a adventure / off road seat .
maybe Touratech or Sargent will soon have a better option.
Thanks for your feedback @Off-road Pete, and welcome to the Forum.

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys Im interested in a 2022 AT but its seat hight even in the LOW setting is a concern.... Any other seat options that actually lower the pilot yet sell provides some level of comfort ? a 30" inseam sufferer asking.... hahahaha Wondering if Lowering the front shocks is an Option or adding longer wishbones or maybe the softest setting on the sock.... .

·
Registered
421 Posts
Whether or not a seat is hard or soft has little to do with comfort. Just look at old steel tractor seats with no padding at all. A person can sit on one of this all day without discomfort because it is shaped in such a way to distribute weight evenly. I have a Sergeant seat on my AT and it works great. I also have a Russell day long on my Honda ST sport tourer and it is hard as a rock but the way it fits allows me to ride 10-12 hours a day without any discomfort at all. Find a seat that supports you towards the front and sides and keeps weight from concentrating on your coccyx. I like my seat to actually be level or slightly higher in front as this supports me without concentrating weight on my rear. The Sargent seat though it looks fairly conventional has a unique shape to the foam and has a relief cut into the foam right where you tailbone sits and keeps your weight more supported to the outside and front of the seat. it is not quite as comfy as the Russell but I have no problem sitting on it on an all day ride. I also use a 3D mesh seat cover that also reduces pressure points and keeps hot spots from forming.
Automotive tire Wheel Plant Wood Terrestrial plant

Attachments

·
Premium Member
CRF1100 DCT
474 Posts
Agree with the above post. I have the lower seat on my 2021 and it was very uncomfortable at first but since I started wearing the Halvarssons Wish trousers (pants) I have noticed the discomfort has reduced massively if not gone completely. I put this down to them having small leather patches on the seat of them which must be spreading the load but most importantly not loading the tailbone.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts