Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,,,,
I just came from a long trip with an AT everything was great except the Seat it was uncomfortable at all.
Which a brand seat do you recommended for me ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Turmoil: It would be much easier to help if you had your location in your profile. There are quite a number of aftermarket seat manufacturers out there, and some might be more convenient to your location that others. By way of example, I am fortunate to have Don Weber of Mr. Eds Moto 30 miles from my place of business, and you may be close to a vendor such as Russel who could do a custom fit. Also, you might specify a little more in your post what specific challenge you are having. If you are not vertically challenged you might find that an AirHawk seat cushion might meet your needs. I know that I did a 400 mile day on a stock 2012 KLR seat with no discomfort using an AirHawk, but you do need about an inch of extra height to spare. If you are inseam challenged I saw a nice Sargent at Adventure training about 10 days ago that dropped the rider about 2"-3" below stock on his Adventure Sport. Good luck.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,975 Posts
Love my Corbin also I might add with Corbin you can do custom colors (no extra charge). Also I’d say, don’t do the quilted pattern it’s not great for our bikes cause it kinda “holds” water ( didn’t think of that when I ordered it ). Lol noticed after the first rain it sat in. It does dry out fairly quickly tho...

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sargent Seats are the very best. Put one on and you will be so comfortable that you will be able to ride 800 km without any discomfort. They are that good!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I haven't tried any of the after market seats due to price.
I have used seat covers From ebay on a few bikes.
They are like little nylon springs all over seat.
They allow air to travel around under your butt. The cover also helps when it's wet as water goes through cover so you don't get as wet.
I was told about these covers by a GS owner who covered over 40k miles per year. He told me he had spent a fortune on designer seats but the best he has used is the covers from ebay.

And the best bit is they cost less than £5.
Definitely worth a go for anyone who suffers from numb bum.
And they don't look bad either.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
I haven't tried any of the after market seats due to price.
I have used seat covers From ebay on a few bikes.
They are like little nylon springs all over seat.
They allow air to travel around under your butt. The cover also helps when it's wet as water goes through cover so you don't get as wet.
I was told about these covers by a GS owner who covered over 40k miles per year. He told me he had spent a fortune on designer seats but the best he has used is the covers from ebay.

And the best bit is they cost less than £5.
Definitely worth a go for anyone who suffers from numb bum.
And they don't look bad either.
Link or name of product please.

·
Registered
492 Posts
After 9000 miles, I bought a Sargent seat. It's 2 inches wider at the back for our Big American Asses, and flattened out a bit so the weight goes on my butt-bones instead of my wedding tackle, which no longer goes numb. Worth the money for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anything...

After 9000 miles, I bought a Sargent seat. It's 2 inches wider at the back for our Big American Asses, and flattened out a bit so the weight goes on my butt-bones instead of my wedding tackle, which no longer goes numb. Worth the money for me.

that keeps the wedding tackle from going numb is worth it:laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts