Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from Honda that says that for 2018 there is to be a new tank for the standard model of 18.8 litres. But get this - that is what mine is now. They say that the Sport is to get an even bigger tank - which we all knew anyway. They also claimed on the stand that the 2018 models would be more efficient in the mid range and yet they are still quoting 21.8 km/l or 61.5 mpg (Uk) - which is the same as at launch in 2016.
..... So I am not sure I trust the other bit of 'news'. The AT Sport is to get 21/18 inch wheels whereas we currently have 21/19. The email doesn't make clear whether the 2018 standard model is to get the smaller rear wheel.
Mike

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
CRF1100L DCT
281 Posts
It does indeed say that on the spec sheet but it's a typo.

Wheels Front
21 x 2.15 wire spoke with aluminium rim

Wheels Rear
19 x MT4.00 wire spoke with aluminium rim

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More importantly is the 2018 standard model getting a bigger tank or not? The spec for the 2016/17bike says 18.8 litres but now I don't know whether that's a typo and if the new one does indeed have an 18.8 litre tank it will be bigger.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts