Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Connection Speedohealer

16K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  WeeWilly 
#1 ·
SPEEDOHEALER CONNECTION PLUG - IS THIS IT??

Received my Speedohealer today and of course there are no clear instructions of where to plug it in.
From what I can find out in various forums and links I think this is the plug behind the starter motor that you are supposed to use.
Can any one please confirm if this is correct.
Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Connection Speedohealer part two.

With a lot of effort manged to open that grey plug to find it isn't the right one.
It only has 2 pins and the Speedohealer has 3.
The other two plugs down there are the wrong shape.
Awaiting on a reply from the manufacturers.

#4 ·
Connection Speedohealer part 3.

Reply from manufacturer.

Hello Barry,
Thank you for the email.
It's on top of the gearbox at the starter motor, see PDF attached.
Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us again.
Kind regards,
/Attila
www.healtech-electronics.com

Now all I have to do is find away to get to it!!

Attachments

#5 ·
I installed the SpeedoDRD H3 and a -7.6% correction made speedometer match GPS. 15 tooth front sprocket and Kenda big block 150/70x18 rear. You have to remove battery, fairings, fuel tank, ECM/PCM, air box, throttle bodies, insulators between throttle body and head, then battery box. The speed sensor wires actually route from behind the starter into the wiring harness above front sprocket. Might be possible to splice into harness there but I took the route where I didn't have to cut into wires.

#6 ·
Hello, I am resurrecting this thread as I have just received a speedohealer SH-V4-H05 for my 2017 manual CRF which I am going to install, taking the opportunity given I will have to dismantle half of the bike to also check valve clearances (the bike has 29K miles / 46K km and have not been checked yet). So I will try to connect it to the plug at the starter motor.

The question is: where you guys, who installed a speedohealer, accommodated the actual device? Can it be arranged somewhere under the seat? It needs to be away from mud/water etc but there is very little space (if any) under the seat to fit it. Any relevant info / advise will be appreciated.

#7 ·
Best place to fit a speedo recalibration device no mater what brand is at the ecu to display plug next to the left hand air filter, instructions in photos below that I pinched from another post

Attachments

#13 ·
I went up two teeth in the rear and I thought the speedo was off before, now it's even worse. I have a Speedo Healer on the way. Is the post you "pinched" these instructions from something you can share? I've had the top end disassembled before and it is a real PIA to get in and around this engine, and then re-assemble. Your posted solution looks much easier for sure. (y)

#14 · (Edited)
Hola Rod,

I just put a 44-tooth rear sprocket on my ride with my latest tire change. This change has the engine turning about 5% faster ( [44/42 - 1] * 100%, or 4.762% to be more precise) than it was before the change for any road speed. As a result, the speedo now reads 5% high (42 at 40 mph, 84 at 80, etc.). The odo is also now registering 5% more distance than it did before the change. This amounts to an extra 50 miles or so added to every true 1,000 miles logged. This means the speedo algorithm is driven by engine speed and unmoderated by any wheel speed data. I'd like to get this discrepancy fixed if I can without a whole lot of trouble. That's how I ended up here. Looks like I'm needing a Speedohealer too.

That said, the bike really does well with the extra torque of even this small change. Midrange pull on hardball is noticeably better. Have not taken this off road yet and don't know what the overall effect on miles per tank fill will be. I'll be back later with some data.

Reactions: CRracer712
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.