Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a much better street tire. This is what I want. I have found this tire in 90/90/21 but has anyone seen it in 100/90/21,
110/90/21, 110/70/21 or would these larger tires be ill advised on stock rims?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
As far as I'm aware the only 21 they do is the 90/90. It is a very popular tyre on the AT, I swapped out the OEMs for a set within days of getting the bike, no regrets do far.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I picked up my bike today with the Contis fitted. I had these fitted as standard to my KTM and I was very happy with them. You have to have confidence in your tyres.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Curious what sort of mileage were you getting?
Weather here is awful atm so I've managed almost 200. No wear on them yet >:):wink2:

Rear on the KTM was 3500 miles which for me and given the torque was good. I know others who were getting 5k from a rear. If I get a season out of them I'll be happy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Weather here is awful atm so I've managed almost 200. No wear on them yet >:):wink2:

Rear on the KTM was 3500 miles which for me and given the torque was good. I know others who were getting 5k from a rear. If I get a season out of them I'll be happy.
Well darn, was hoping for more than that at $160-180 a pop. :crying:
Where's a PR4 when you need it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How many miles were you expecting from a rear tyre :surprise:
Well, on my FJR, using a PR4 I get about 8500 miles. Was seeing reports of guys with GS BMWs getting close to 10k with the Mitas 07s, so with the Contis haveing a less aggressive tread than the Mitas, I was hoping for more. I've ordered a set of the Contis so I guess we'll see. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am just scrubbing in my CA2's after loosing confidence in the OEMs. So far so good.

I read lots of reviews and the lowest mileage report I could find was 5,500, Most were getting between 9,000 and 14,000 miles with some getting even more if ridden 1 up steadily. I guess most of these figures were road only on GS, Tiger etc. They Seemed very high but along with the excellent grip reviews it made them a no brainier to me. I will be happy with anything over 7,000 on the roads where I live.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am just scrubbing in my CA2's after loosing confidence in the OEMs. So far so good.

I read lots of reviews and the lowest mileage report I could find was 5,500, Most were getting between 9,000 and 14,000 miles with some getting even more if ridden 1 up steadily. I guess most of these figures were road only on GS, Tiger etc. They Seemed very high but along with the excellent grip reviews it made them a no brainier to me. I will be happy with anything over 7,000 on the roads where I live.
That's encouraging, thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts