Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I got to work today and noticed my engine turned blue!!! lol I have a coolant leak somewhere. It looks like the lower radiator hose on the left side radiator. It is coming right from the seam of the connection... loosened the clamp, readjusted it and tightened it down. Will be keeping an eye on it to see if that solved my problem!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
It could be the clamp as you say,but could also be a stone that has popped your rad,when the system is hot it will also be under pressure and be easier to see where the leak is coming from.
It may be worth also taking some spare water with you if you can't find the leak until you can get it to the stealers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, sorry for thread resurrection! I too had a similar problem yesterday although it wasnt as messy as the OPs bike :)

My bike is a fair distance away right now so dont have immediate access, are the dodgy clamps behind the fairing or easily visible? Just weighing up whether I should go over on my scooter & evaluate damage or trailer her to my garage?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks DT, only had a chance to take a cursory glance at the rad couldnt see any damage. Will take a closer look this week

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks DT, only had a chance to take a cursory glance at the rad couldnt see any damage. Will take a closer look this week
You need an exciting, long run on a hot and humid day. I would say during traffic congestion, however, I suspect that could be hard to find, nor would you wish to seek that out under any circumstance.

In any case, more fun than leaving it idle until the rad is nice 'n' toasty.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Radiator hoses can compress with time and require that the clamps be re-tightened. Also in the winter months hoses can shrink from the cold and leaks can develop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts