Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Corbin seat and elected to get the heated version. Came with ZERO instruction on how to wire it in - it cam with a plug that plugs into the fuse box - you must remove a fuse and plug in the adapter. First when you do this the fuse box cover will not snap back in place because the adapter plug restricts the cover. So i modified the fuse box cover (DreMel tool) and used the horn / stop fuse slot. The seat worked fine - but the horn and stop light wouldn’t.

Has anyone installed one of these? I would greatly appreciate some help!

·
Super Moderator
4,109 Posts
Welcome to the Forum @SoonerRider.

How did you decide which fused circuit to use with the heated saddle? I reckon the saddle, when heat is enabled, would draw down the circuit significantly and anything else that was working on it would not get enough current.

Many Forum members use third party programmable power management product offerings. Example: Eastern Beaver PC-8, etc. Maybe one of them will chime in. Nevertheless, you can search the Forum to get a foothold on the topic. Ultimately, you probably desire a spare accessory circuit, preferably switched when not using third party solutions.

Which AT beast are you riding?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi,

I just put one on, with heat.

I already had an Eastern Beaver PC8 switched power box on under the seat. I went to plug the little Corbin fuse thing into one of the slots, and promptly discovered that I would need to do the same dremel mod you mentioned needing to do with the install into the AT fuse box.

🦔Beaver Power!

I elected not to, so just cut and stripped the wires, then inserted them into one of the sets of connections on the PC8, and installed the Corbin fuse (fuse only, not holder) into the PC8 empty fuse slot that I had connected the wire to. Works fine.

In your case, I wonder if the horn stopped working because the seat heater is grounding it out? Maybe it sucks enough current away to not leave enough voltage for the horn. It should still work with the seat heater off, though, in that case.

I think you would definitely want it on a switched circuit; I can imagine easily leaving it on. There is a switched connectory under the passenger seat that I tied the PC8 into that might help. The PC8 is really pretty handy, though. I have four of the seven switched slots full, with the non switched slot in use by a chain oiler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Forum @SoonerRider.

How did you decide which fused circuit to use with the heated saddle? I reckon the saddle, when heat is enabled, would draw down the circuit significantly and anything else that was working on it would not get enough current.

Many Forum members use third party programmable power management product offerings. Example: Eastern Beaver, PC-8, etc. Maybe one of them will chime in. Nevertheless, you can search the Forum to get a foothold on the topic. Ultimately, you probably desire a spare accessory circuit, preferably switched when not using third party solutions.

Which AT beast are you riding?
Thanks so much! I am the proud new owner of the DCT non-AS...love it so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

I just put one on, with heat.

I already had an Eastern Beaver PC8 switched power box on under the seat. I went to plug the little Corbin fuse thing into one of the slots, and promptly discovered that I would need to do the same dremel mod you mentioned needing to do with the install into the AT fuse box.

🦔Beaver Power!

I elected not to, so just cut and stripped the wires, then inserted them into one of the sets of connections on the PC8, and installed the Corbin fuse (fuse only, not holder) into the PC8 empty fuse slot that I had connected the wire to. Works fine.

In your case, I wonder if the horn stopped working because the seat heater is grounding it out? Maybe it sucks enough current away to not leave enough voltage for the horn. It should still work with the seat heater off, though, in that case.

I think you would definitely want it on a switched circuit; I can imagine easily leaving it on. There is a switched connectory under the passenger seat that I tied the PC8 into that might help. The PC8 is really pretty handy, though. I have four of the seven switched slots full, with the non switched slot in use by a chain oiler.

Thanks so much for the help! I’ll look into the switched power box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts