Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Is it just me or are they really as ugly as f*ck ? :confused:
My feelings exactly....I had Corbin seat on my 2000 and 2004 Varaderos. It blend perfectly with the bike and it was superb in all aspects.

But, I would not put this ATAS corbin thing on my bike even if they would pay me to do it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's not just you

Is it just me or are they really as ugly as f*ck ? :confused:
The aesthetic might be OK for a cruiser, but not for a bike with more modern styling. Definitely ugly.
If I were to go for an aftermarket seat, it would probably be Sargent, and as plain as possible.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Fugly and as expensive as f..k to boot.
They are only ugly if thats what you choose at ordering. And Expensive? of course they are.. as are most seats made from the ground up. Which is why Seat Concepts is so popular and mentioned rather more often than Corbin on this site. If I were able to justify a seat made in the USA then it would more likely than not be a Bill Mayer. Expensive and then add on Import Duty and other charges - very expensive.

Back in the 90s I ordered a Corbin for my Speed Triple 885 and it worked really well, though it took a rather long time to 'break in' was a good buy and looked similar, but rather better made than the OE. And eventually on whole different level comfort wise. Expensive at the time.. i remember the hoops I had to jump through just to make the payment. And then the nice extra bill that arrived from HMC&E

I am aiming to have the seat rebuilt on my bike at some point, but will use a UK firm to do this, Improved foam. Better shape, for me. And All-BLACK. As Ive never been particularly keen on coloured seats. Cost.. probably not much over £100. I'll likely use Tony Archer in Huddersfield.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fugly and expensive or not, if I get the chance to park my arse on a Sargent or a Corbin and it feels right I'll be ordering one.
Have a Touratech Comfort seat on mine and after a couple of thousand miles on it I'm still waiting for the "comfort" side of things to kick in.
Better than the original but not enough that I wouldn't replace the Touratech for something that is more comfortable on extended rides.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The seat on my ATAS makes me slide forward - and my passenger too. I wouldn't want it to be as dished out as much as their offering - but I've done a less dished seat with Corbin before. If you want to do Iron Butt style rides then you'll want one and not care what it looks like - but I don't think it would be bad like this:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts