Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving the new bike. 1000+ miles on it now. Cornering lights are a bit of a gimmick and I would rather have them on all of the time as additional lights. Has anyone seen any mods yet for how to do this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Skene make a unit fot powering up additional lights but it doesn't seem compatible with the 18-19 bikes. But yours is a completely new machine so it may well work for you.

·
Registered
247 Posts
A set of fog lights aimed slightly downward and out a bit work quite nicely without blinding oncoming traffic. Easy addition, and if you want the OEM switch it can be purchased in Europe. Fairly straight forward if you are good with Tupperware removal, soldering and wrenches to tap the connector behind the inst panel and then the fog-light indicator shows on you display.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Loving the new bike. 1000+ miles on it now. Cornering lights are a bit of a gimmick and I would rather have them on all of the time as additional lights. Has anyone seen any mods yet for how to do this?
i wish if there is a hack for this:love:! you wouldn't need additional lights if the cornering ones worx

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
Ah man, too bad to learn the cornering lights are below expectations. Maybe some upgrade or software upgrade will improve it down the road.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,985 Posts
Ah man, too bad to learn the cornering lights are below expectations. Maybe some upgrade or software upgrade will improve it down the road.
I Don’t think he had any issues with them, he just wanted them on ALL the time. Kinda like DRL’s or auxiliary lights..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I might tinker around with the electricals once I take possession of my bike!
trust me .... this will pay great dividends... you should see them when they lid up once you tilt in dark twisties... they are so bright... but my only dought is, would they cover the needed areas when the bike is straight/upright?!!!?

they are pre-oriented for within tilted object!

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you have them on all the time, you’ll dazzle oncoming traffic when leant over with the opposite side, they are very bright. In the uk it is illegal to dazzle other road users, I’m all up for being able to see better at night, or even be seen during the day, but not at the expense of blinding oncoming traffic or those I'm following (never understood why you see so many of our US cousins riding around with full beam on all the time, blinding anyone that happens to be in front of them).

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2,985 Posts
If you have them on all the time, you’ll dazzle oncoming traffic when leant over with the opposite side, they are very bright. In the uk it is illegal to dazzle other road users, I’m all up for being able to see better at night, or even be seen during the day, but not at the expense of blinding oncoming traffic or those I'm following (never understood why you see so many of our US cousins riding around with full beam on all the time, blinding anyone that happens to be in front of them).
Unfortunately for us in the US, our drivers are usually doing everything but driving. Texting, looking stuff up online, drinking/eating, putting on makeup, taking selfie’s, the list goes on and on, IF paying attention is even on that list it is at the end of it. So (for the most part) LOUD pipes and bright noticeable lights save lives...

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2,985 Posts
Reactions: circuitjc

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good point... agree?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2,985 Posts
All Loud Pipes seem to do is further alienate folk who ride motorcycles from the rest of road users. Never quite got how they 'save lives'
The fact that they are looking at and concentrating on you, YES totally agree in a bad way, but they do notice you is the point. Unfortunately the side effects are that everyone notices you, plus people walking, in buildings a lot of people who you are not concerned about doing something that could cause an accident. One could easily argue your point that it is not worth the alienation, with the way drivers are distracted today with good (and loud) audio systems all the electronics both hand held and in dash, people barely wanna look up to keep from driving off the road let alone to see a loud motorcycle..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to re-activate an old(er) thread, but I was out on my ATAS for the first time last night and was very happy with the workings of the cornering lights. The lights showed the verge/centre of the country roads perfectly and I'd regard what I initially thought as a gimmick to be a very valuable aspect of the bike.

I can understand the desire to have those lights on all the time, but in the UK I think that would cause more problems that it solves (if indeed it was allowed within our regulations).

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
If the cornering lights were not permitted in the U.K., wouldn't regional transportation regulations prohibit import of such a feature?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts