Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm guessing it's better to practice powerslides and doughnuts on a smaller bike or dirt bike before trying it on a 500+lb bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the case is holing very easily. A friend of mine dropped it with approx 5 km/h. Punctured the case with the only little stone on the road. In the end, the engine cover and the inner parts were damaged and cost him 1700 euro's to repair :-( That's why I have a proper Skidplate. (BUMOT)

·
Registered
1 Posts
basic manoever

Practicing one the basic (required?) manoevers for off-road riding. When you need to turn around
on a narrow trail - this manoever is almost a requirement. When you're climbing a tight trail and
come up to a switch back - this may be your only option.

I can do this on my small/light bike but have not mastered it on a BIG bike yet. Turning around
on a big bike is a challenge when there is little space.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I crashed mine at about 35 mp/h on large boulders and nothing happened? Like mentioned before, he should have bought some bars before attempting to power slide a 500lb bike!

·
Registered
117 Posts
bars and skid plates are great, but there is always the chance for that rock or stone with your name on it.

It's mission in life is to find a way through all that protection and f##k up your day!

Best is use your crash bars to learn how to not use them without trashing your bike. Don't let them make you lazy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
He's practicing off road maneuvers on a level skid... but without engine guards.

I also like to invite problems into my life and then complain when they turn up.
I've gotten very good at this. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Time to make the DOUGHNUTS!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Hmm, yeah. Well, at least at his cost he demonstrated to the Forum how soft the engine case can be. :rolleyes:
At the end of a crash something hasn’t broke, you are definitely not riding hard enough.
least that’s what I say...

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
lol ... so our video subject was riding hard.
It’s all on YOUR point of view;
From mine, NO just looked like a bit of fun…
To someone who’s new to riding (especially off-road) I would say yes.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Sure, and that is my point - they were not riding hard, but more exploratory and not intense - and yet, a buttery hole in the side case.
It is only cast aluminum, cast being the keyword, smack it with anything hard and especially pointy and instant hole.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts