Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. New to the forum but not to the AT. Traded my Red/B/W 2016 DCT AT on the new Matt Black 2019 DCT AT. I’m privillaged to own a few bikes, but I am such a lover of this bike that I had to stay faithful. Love the gold on the 2019 model. Shame the Adventure is just too tall for my little legs. Anyway within 30 mins of taking delivery I had her completely stripped. 1 day later fitted Heed bars, Denali D4’s (using OEM fog light switch) and Sound Bomb, sat nav, 12v socket (why they don’t include this is beyond me - £12 and it’s already pre-wired!), heated grips, charging cable (it’s so tight getting direct connects on the battery), centre stand, OEM tank bag, MRA touring screen and rekeyed locks for the panniers. Makes the bike look so much bigger (wider) with the bars. Won’t be taxed until 1 March so I’ll just sit on it and make brumm brumm noises until Friday (although I must say the exhaust note is so much better than the 2016).

·
Registered
399 Posts
Blimey! its like seeing my mod wish list realised lol
enjoy her mate, what do you reckon to heed Bars? can't decide on them or SW Motech??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I had the smaller heed on my 2016 and wasn't impressed with the join on the nose. This time I purchased the full set and the join is spot on. Really happy with them. Fit is perfect. (The pic of the two is when they delivered the 2019 on Friday).

Attachments

·
Registered
975 Posts
That's a great looking black beast. I love the rally red of my bike but the black looks really really good, especially with the gold badges and wheels of the newer model. Sounds like you're set to ride once season starts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Crimped the last wire and tightened the last bolt an hour ago - only managed to snap two fairing plugs ? - although they don't seem to affect the fit. Really really pleased with it - can only imagine it will ride the same as the 2016 but ill feel like a kid on his new ride when I take her out I'm sure. Its the gold that sold me - gonna be a bi&$h to keep clean mind.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Both bikes look great but the black is mean! Funny though that they made the wheels gold but the fork is bronze like the other 2019’s, while the earlier ones had gold forks that didn’t go with the rims but would go well now on yours. Anyways still looks good.

What were those aux lights you had on your old bike?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks, I had looked at those and for the price hoped they would be better. Denali is great but so expensive sadly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts