Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1998 Valkyrie, 2017 Africa Twin, 2002 Vulcan, 2007 KLR, 1970 550 Suzuki L
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is
off discussion but I want to warn people about it. If you read I just won Rider of the month contest for June with over a 4,000 mile trip to Utah and Colorado.
A great 13 day trip. Leaving May 29 returning June 10 .
In less than 2 weeks I come down with Covid in a sealed covid unit with only Doctors and nurses . Not seeing any family for 9 days in hospital. I am so grateful for all the people that helped. Closest I have been to death. I was a strong person at 74 and a bycyle Rider. I walk 30 foot which feels like running a 100 foot leaving you gasping for breath.

I am home from hospital now and doing better. My lungs need to get stronger.
I did not get the vaccine and regret not getting it. Connie got the shot and we both got covid. She did not get that sick . I would never thought something like this would consume me without any warning.
I believe in Prayer and appreciate them.
Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
261 Posts
This is
off discussion but I want to warn people about it. If you read I just won Rider of the month contest for June with over a 4,000 mile trip to Utah and Colorado.
A great 13 day trip. Leaving May 29 returning June 10 .
In less than 2 weeks I come down with Covid in a sealed covid unit with only Doctors and nurses . Not seeing any family for 9 days in hospital. I am so grateful for all the people that helped. Closest I have been to death. I was a strong person at 74 and a bycyle Rider. I walk 30 foot which feels like running a 100 foot leaving you gasping for breath.

I am home from hospital now and doing better. My lungs need to get stronger.
I did not get the vaccine and regret not getting it. Connie got the shot and we both got covid. She did not get that sick . I would never thought something like this would consume me without any warning.
I believe in Prayer and appreciate them.
Thanks
Gary
Gary,

I am sorry to hear of you getting Covid. It is amazing what the medical staff can do to save a life! You are very fortunate that your area wasn't overwhelmed and you were able to get full proper treatment.

I am not a church goer but you, Connie and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts. I hope you find the strength to make a full recovery.

All the best,

Matt

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Glad you're with us Gary.

My mid-80s father got Covid while lying in the hospital waiting for quintuple bypass heart surgery. He had his jab prior and had no symptoms thankfully. Otherwise, he wouldn't be here today.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mat and D.T. for the concern. Glad your dad made it. Going to Church is good but remember Jesus is the only way.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As soon as I get healthy I will get the shot. No one wants whats to go thru what I did.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody for the concern and Prayers. Laying in bed 12 days was terrible . Starting to breath alittle better. Thank God.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,976 Posts
Glad to read you’re doing better, hope for all the best for you…

·
Registered
2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
15 Posts
I joined this forum to share info about AT's and adventure riding, not to receive medical advice to get the jab from people who do not know me and my situation. After having a heart attack in late April and placement of a stent in LAD artery, my cardiologist specifically warned against taking the experimental gene therapy injection which is known in some cases to cause blood clotting which is exactly what I don't need right now.

I encourage each of you to do your own research and consult with your personal doctor to evaluate your particular situation and then make an informed decision.

It is irresponsible to dispense medical advice and instruction based upon insufficient knowledge. Please return to discussing motorcycles and travel.

That being said, I am praying for your complete recovery and return of needed strength so you will be able to once again do what we all enjoy..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I really don't want to post this. It's of no more factual credibility than what we hear in the media and, I'm skeptical about my own personal medical people's knowledge or understanding of the truth...

Heart problems or not, I'm with ya, Enforcer. Who's gonna foot the bill for potential heart failure after I get my "free" jabs?

I swear I had them cooties sept/'19, couldn't shake 'em after two weeks and I'm not the kind of guy that gets sick or stays sick. A month later, I'm in bed more than I'm on my feet. Another two weeks and I'm in ICU for 10 days.
Diagnosis? Heart failure. Bullshat. No one has a heart attack for a month and a half and lives...it's a symptom of the illness.
WHEN they get full approval the vaccine, I'll think about it. Every day they say, "oh, more people are getting covid variant D, and now there's another variant on top of that? The whole while, side effects of the vaccine keep showing up in as many different ways. But I gotta say, I'm feelin' my odds are iffy with or without it.
I mean, they seriously didn't think I was gonna pull through and they want to give me the same shat that put me there, imo, in the first place? Fat chance, given the unknown risks. Then again, if I don't take the jab, I could end up in an ICU again anyway.
I need facts, not media hype and sensationalism. And no, I do not trust the "experts" so closely tied to Big Pharma or my own government. Domestic enemies, in many people's books. All their waffling about a lab leak, now reporting it as an alleged natural occurrence. They can't even get their own story straight. They know jackshat or it's lies...or it's the real deal and they're more scared than we are about not being able to control it, or it's just another means by which they can control us. Pick your poison, your guess is likely just as good as anyone else's.
The only thing this whole Covid BS has managed to do is pave the way for further government intervention worldwide.
Every event I was party to concerning my "illness", including covid "testing", has been iffy. Red flags at every turn. For the price of my treatment (coulda bought a f*cking house), I want definitive answers that are based on truth and fact, not hypothesis or a manifesto for fear-mongering.
I'm on my own lockdown, so don't worry about me spreading my "irresponsibility". :rolleyes:

@Ruff rider, glad you pulled through. The only thing they seem to know about it is that it hits everyone differently with the same "like" symptoms. Natural immunity is 99%(?) effective; innoculation is what, 95%...with the same potential side effects of the illness?
I'll wait 'til side effects of a vaccine doesn't include heart failure, which I've already been exposed to, or any other debilitating "symptoms".

That is all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah covid can be rough, I've seen it first hand.

I'm young and fairly healthy guy, but due to my chronic illness I got the pfizer jabs, so did most of my family.

Be vaccinated or not, just take care of your health the best you can fellow riders.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi @Ruff rider Gary. So glad you are OK and on the mend. I had one of my associates contract the bug last year and it also almost killed him. He has recovered well and is back to working hard and enjoying life. I pray you will continue to heal and be back on the AT racking up miles soon!

·
Registered
152 Posts
If I hadn't theoretically bought a house, I'd likely be on that date and looking forward to making it a long-term relationship. ;)

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
154 Posts
...It is irresponsible to dispense medical advice and instruction based upon insufficient knowledge. Please return to discussing motorcycles and travel...
I agree an as an MD PhD I advise that except very especial cases, which your Dr. will tell you, most people an humanity in general benefits greatly with the COVID vaccine. I respect everyone right to their beliefs but medicine is not based on beliefs.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys today is better. Thinking about what you said D.T.
Riding the A.T. releases your mind allowing you to enjoy the wind and the Freedom of seeing the Creation. I have flown my plane all over and it's Freedom also. I have traveled extensively. This has been the most humbling experience I have been thru. So grateful for people helping me I did not know or will see again. They saved my life.
Thanks Be to God

·
Registered
587 Posts
I agree an as an MD PhD I advise that except very especial cases, which your Dr. will tell you, most people an humanity in general benefits greatly with the COVID vaccine. I respect everyone right to their beliefs but medicine is not based on beliefs.
I support vaccination of as many as possible to achieve herd immunity but not to the extent of demanding everyone be vaccinated regardless of possible consequences. Some people for whatever medical reasons should not receive a particular vaccine for a particular disease. Unfortunately, we often don't have a way of screening people to know who those individuals are. In Canada, we have received so much information from authorities that supported, conflicted or contradicted other information on COVID-19 it can be hard to know what or who to believe. Add in social media and the situation is even worse. For one vaccine it was initially stated the risk of fatal blood clots was one in two or three hundred million which was later reduce to one in twenty or thirty thousand while adding it was still safer to be vaccinated than contract COVID. For the group that is probably true, for the individual that is that one person, dead is still dead. Having herd immunity will help protect the few that cannot be fully vaccinated in addition to all that can. People need to research the possibilities as best they can and make an informed decision.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.