Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,,
I bought a crash bar with engine guard from Outback Motortek, it’s good product but I noticed annoying vibration starting from 3500 until 4000 rpm , I can feel it at the handlebar , my hand tingling after 30 minute riding, I tried to loose all the bolts and re tight it but nothing happened.
Any advice please

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi,

I also observed some vibration at certain rpms after installing the crashbar system. But it was not at all so annoying as you describe and also, either I got used to it or it vanished (?) by itself after 1000 or so kms.

I also have the full Motortech system (lower, engine and upper bars), but I do not really think it is related to this specific company's combo...any additional crash bar system would possibly affect the way vibrations are transfered

If I was you, I would send a message (through their FB page) to them if they have any idea; they do respond within hrs.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's not just those bars--I put Altrider bars on and noticed increased vibration. I put it down to the new triangulation between the upper front motor mounts and the lower rears (more or less).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was experiencing the same hand tingling ....... I am not saying this is the proper means to fix the problem, bit I wrapped my grips with some of that self stick cohesive tape ....... no more problem. Cheap, effective and no mess.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My Hepco & Becker engine crash bars haven't caused any vibrations or problems. In fact, it may sound strange, but I swear the bike rides better with them. Maybe it's just that little bit of extra weight down low and upfront that makes it seem so. And the way the OEM uppers were re-fastened over the H&B lowers makes them tighter too. Smooth as silk. (If there is one thing I can't stand on a bike, it's vibrating mirrors--hope that's not happening to you guys).
I'm hypersensitive to any superfluous noises and vibrations, cannot live with them--couldn't be happier with my H&B lowers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings all ,,,
I found the solution by remove the engine guard only , the vibration is disappeared
Note: crash bar is still on the bike

·
Registered
223 Posts
Greetings all ,,,
I found the solution by remove the engine guard only , the vibration is disappeared
Note: crash bar is still on the bike
Yes I could believe that as the rear bottom mount is very badly designed, its not bolted in place but just sits against the frame on the right side, maybe if you close up the gap on the mount so it wedges very tightly to the frame the vibration might be reduced or go away, mount should really be modified so it is bolted in place on both sides, I will do this before I fit mine

·
Registered
129 Posts
Installed the AltRider complete kit and had no issues as of yet. Check torque specs on bolts as overtightening can also deliver unwanted results. As for AltRider I would contact customer support. They stand behind their product. I did notice more noise when I switched from the stock skid plate to the bath tub sized AltRider skid plate but no harsh vibes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts