Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of DCT upper and lower bars that are available right now to buy?

Touratech are coming in '10-12 weeks', Alt-Rider 6 weeks, Outback Motortek 'soon but can't guarantee'

My TAT departure date is looming and I really need to get something!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am in the same situation (for crash bars and bash plate)...asking TouraTech seems they doesn't have anything even in their HQ warehouse!!

How it's possible?? the bike is now our for more then six months!! ...

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Are the Honda bars available? I know they are pricey but they looked alright on the demo model I saw at Road America last weekend.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Honda Bars are available. I purchased a set recently based on plenty of research with regard to options.

I heard only one poor comment with regard to Honda Light bars, but that comment was irrelevant as it related to the Crosstourer which is a much heavier bike. I saw a review where on tester dropped the bike on them during the course of a review of the AT with no damage to the motor or bodywork. The panniers were damaged in that drop. Some of the offroad schools are using them and I see no bad reports. Someone else queried a Rally racer who was using them. He reported dropping the bike several times on them. He advised that they did distort the rubber mountings but it was easy to manipulate them back into position. Again there was no reported damage. If you are going fast enough during a fall, there is no bar out there which will save a bike anyway.

I like the design because the bar is one piece with no joints. As such I believe any impact will be shared more efficiently with all the mounting points and imho the lack of joints makes the unit stronger. Lastly, Honda had this item designed for their bike. I suspect that there was a lot more research done accordingly than would be done by smaller manufacturers. That is why I bought one despite the high price. I paid €489.00 here in Ireland.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know of DCT upper and lower bars that are available right now to buy?

Touratech are coming in '10-12 weeks', Alt-Rider 6 weeks, Outback Motortek 'soon but can't guarantee'

hi just fitted sw-motech

·
Registered
18 Posts

I already have from CrossPro, upper, lower and engine guard.
www.crosspro.pt

http://www.africatwinforum.com/forum/78122-post248.html

Technical questions or information about representatives and price! e-mail: [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts