Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm trying to figure out exactly what parts I need and how to find them for a charging project for my 2017 AT. I have a 12v to usb adapter in my top box that I want to connect to my Eastern Beaver fuse box system. The challenge I'm having is I want to connect them to the bike without having wires that I need to plug and unplug when I take the box on and off. I want to set up contact connectors, similar to what you find with removable phone batteries or helmet headset connectors but I cannot find the type of contact plates I need. I also do not know the gauge I'd need to meet the amperage requirements without melting them but I am not sure what the maximum draw will be from 2 usb devices will be. So any help, advice, suggestions, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, y'all!

·
Registered
2017 DCT, tricolore
74 Posts
Hi,

To have another way to meet youre wish you could consider using the charger cable to plug it in to youre topcase. I dit it with my optimate charger an installed the panel mount o-20

I know it's not the solution you want but the contacts you want have been availiable at GIVI. One in the rack and one in the topcase. Wen you install the topcase they connect.

Regards

·
Registered
995 Posts
I did the same thing - O-20 Instamate into the top case and a wire that goes to the power take-off under the seat at Eastern Beaver PC8. Takes two seconds to attach my lights and power adapter. When I'm not using the charger cable (and my turning lights wire - AdMore lighting on case, too). I just lift the pillion seat and tuck them in there and out of the way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts