Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and I only driven 700 km on my brand new Africa Twin AS ES DCT 1100, and already find it a worthy replacement for my BMW GS. I'll probably forget all about the BMW after my first off-road trip.
I now drive a lot of motorway to get the first service done. It does well there, but as soon as I take my hands off the handlebars to raise the screen a bit, the bike immediately pulls to the right.
Have already discussed this with the dealer, but they haven't found anything yet (probably didn’t do anything). Does anyone have this experience as well?

·
Registered
152 Posts
So no turning to the right if you take your hands of of your Africa Twin, it goes straight on?

If a wheel is not balanced, it shakes and vibrates, but doesn't let it turn to the right I assume :rolleyes:..............

Btw, I have the "wooden" Bridgestones AX41T on my bike :(.

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
450 Posts
I turn on the cruise control on 90km/h setting in tour mode took the hands of the steer it goes straight on. Did you try a other setting of the suspension? May be stupid question but is the rotation direction of the frontwheel tire in the right direction?

·
Registered
226 Posts
What side of the road do you ride in your country? Tire pressures? The bike is slightly right-side heavy due to the exhaust.

I haven't experienced any issues with the Karoos myself.

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
450 Posts
Relhok,
GvG and jomynitia are having this problem. We live in same country so we drive all on right side off the road. It could also be driver problem wrong postion on the saddle. I would suggest let first another person drive on the bike before you go the dealer

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
Relhok,
GvG and jomynitia are having this problem. We live in same country so we drive all on right side off the road. It could also be driver problem wrong postion on the saddle. I would suggest let first another person drive on the bike before you go the dealer
Also consider replacing the roads.

( I am just kiddin' :ROFLMAO: )

( ... no I'm not
)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I still say this is an issue with the forks not aligned properly when the dealer installed the front tire. I've come across multiple posts about people having issues where the bike pulls to one direction as the forks were not aligned when the front tire was replaced/installed.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I still say this is an issue with the forks not aligned properly when the dealer installed the front tire. I've come across multiple posts about people having issues where the bike pulls to one direction as the forks were not aligned when the front tire was replaced/installed.
You are on to something. Maybe the dealer didn't pump the forks several times to line everything up before doing the final torque. Certainly wouldn't hurt to loosen everything back up and redo.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am new here and I only driven 700 km on my brand new Africa Twin AS ES DCT 1100, and already find it a worthy replacement for my BMW GS. I'll probably forget all about the BMW after my first off-road trip.
I now drive a lot of motorway to get the first service done. It does well there, but as soon as I take my hands off the handlebars to raise the screen a bit, the bike immediately pulls to the right.
Have already discussed this with the dealer, but they haven't found anything yet (probably didn’t do anything). Does anyone have this experience as well?
so you can ride hands free? :D

nice(y)(y)(y):D(y)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts