Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
472 Posts
I still say this is an issue with the forks not aligned properly when the dealer installed the front tire. I've come across multiple posts about people having issues where the bike pulls to one direction as the forks were not aligned when the front tire was replaced/installed.

· Registered
472 Posts
Yep! I've seen too many instances where this step is skipped and the pinch bolts are tightened without pumping the forks.
I had said the above in this thread before and I'm saying it again. The bike steers to the right because your front forks are not aligned. The bike comes with the front tire off in the crate from Honda. The dealer has to install the front tire back on the bike and not all dealers will pump the front end a few times before tightening the right pinch bolts (when you're facing the bike).

Facing the bike, loosen the right pinch bolts. Straddle the bike, hold the front brakes and pump the front end a few times. Re-tighten the right pinch bolts to the right torque specifications. Your problems should disappear in most of the cases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts