Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Administrator
4,224 Posts
so you can ride hands free? :D

nice(y)(y)(y):D(y)
I had a buddy who would do that a lot on straight stretches of road for no reason other than he could. Riding down the road he would do these long stretches, back, neck, arms and then clasp his hands behind his head and lean back some while he steered with feet and knees. Whatever works :)

· Registered
30 Posts
To answer the question posted by the original poster.

My opinion.....1 thing to consider..... the DCT model, carries an extra 10kg on the right side of the motor! Which, it could/would cause the bike to veer to the right.

· Registered
472 Posts
To answer the question posted by the original poster.

My opinion.....1 thing to consider..... the DCT model, carries an extra 10kg on the right side of the motor! Which, it could/would cause the bike to veer to the right.
Also, the muffler is on the right. Mine pulls right too. Dealer and I went over it from one end to the other at first service. All was In order. I put my tool bag (15#+/-) in the left pannier and it now runs true.

· Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
374 Posts
My 2020 ATES DCT does not pull. I have already had the front tire off and valve stem replaced. I broke the valve stem when I was checking the air in the front tire. The stock valve stems are made of a weak metal, but I moved the bike with the inflator connected to the stem and the stem broke. When I installed the tire I made sure I pumped the front end up and down, per the service manual, prior to tightening the pinch bolts.

· Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
My 2020 ATES DCT does not pull. I have already had the front tire off and valve stem replaced. I broke the valve stem when I was checking the air in the front tire. The stock valve stems are made of a weak metal, but I moved the bike with the inflator connected to the stem and the stem broke. When I installed the tire I made sure I pumped the front end up and down, per the service manual, prior to tightening the pinch bolts.
Broken stock OEM stem? Awl man. :rolleyes:

Can't even trust valve stems these days.

· Registered
152 Posts
I am new here and I only driven 700 km on my brand new Africa Twin AS ES DCT 1100, and already find it a worthy replacement for my BMW GS. I'll probably forget all about the BMW after my first off-road trip.
I now drive a lot of motorway to get the first service done. It does well there, but as soon as I take my hands off the handlebars to raise the screen a bit, the bike immediately pulls to the right.
Have already discussed this with the dealer, but they haven't found anything yet (probably didn’t do anything). Does anyone have this experience as well?

@Jomynitima How is it now with your bike; still pulling to the right?

· Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
915 Posts
I had this on my klr. The rear wheel is not adjusted evenly.. Pulls to the right if the back wheel is pointed slightly to the left (If I remember correctly). Made a tool to measure from the swingarm pivot to center of axle bolt. Checked both sides and fixed the difference.

· Registered
3 Posts
I am new here and I only driven 700 km on my brand new Africa Twin AS ES DCT 1100, and already find it a worthy replacement for my BMW GS. I'll probably forget all about the BMW after my first off-road trip.
I now drive a lot of motorway to get the first service done. It does well there, but as soon as I take my hands off the handlebars to raise the screen a bit, the bike immediately pulls to the right.
Have already discussed this with the dealer, but they haven't found anything yet (probably didn’t do anything). Does anyone have this experience as well?
Hi, i rode x adv 750 and nc 750 dtc and they both pull to the right regardless of the road, and i also rode africa 1100 2020 with manual transmission and it goes straight as arrow... mby its something due to dct... i am going today to check wheels and fork aligment, but i have to go to other town since they dont know how to do it in my authorised dealers service lol

· Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
379 Posts
You are on to something. Maybe the dealer didn't pump the forks several times to line everything up before doing the final torque. Certainly wouldn't hurt to loosen everything back up and redo.
I have the same issue in a new AT and think it may well be a slight misalignment of the forks What would be the procedure to correct the forks alignment without messing anything else or worsen the situation?
PD Did a quick search on YouTube and it doesn't look that scary. I'll give it a try...

· Registered
104 Posts
It’s the tires, I have 3 friends including myself. Pulled to the right, 35mph decel wobble bad.

Changed tires, problems fo away!

· Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
374 Posts
Has anyone tried this. Have someone help position you, with your eyes closed, to stand directly in front of a mirror. Position yourself with eyes still closed to the position of attention. Open your eyes and look at your posture. Is your head straight up from your shoulders or titled to one side? If your head is titled to the right you are listing to the right. Or listing to the left. I would bet it’s to the right. To the right appears to be far more common. Sort of like an unbalanced ship would be on the water.
Have you ever heard of a motorcycle pulling to the left? I have only heard of this occurring in countries where motorists drive on the left side of the road.
Just a suggestion to verify whether you are running true or listing.

· Registered
81 Posts
Also, the muffler is on the right. Mine pulls right too. Dealer and I went over it from one end to the other at first service. All was In order. I put my tool bag (15#+/-) in the left pannier and it now runs true.
I would think your bike would push to the left due to the asymmetrical thrust on the right? 🤣 Just apply a bit of right rudder to compensate...

Reactions: TN-Rider

· Registered
72 Posts
Exactly the same with my Africa Twin AS ES DCT 1100. I started a topic on this: When hands of handlebar bikes goes right.....

Same for me also but I’m on Conti Trail Attack 3s. Is it suspension or tyres?

· Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
450 Posts
Difficult to say did someone else already ride on your bike? It could be your position on the bike or your hand guards are not inline. The suspension you can measure and adjust it . Tyres I don’t think so.
Did you drive on a AT of a other? Then you can see or it is your position on the bike.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts