Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,774 Posts
Thank you.. part of the adventure right?.. but I tell you something.. I am seriously considering this... MotoBikeJack Portable Motorcycle Jack (Black) - Buy Online in Fiji. | motobikejack Products in Fiji - See Prices, Reviews and Free Delivery over 200 FJ$ | Desertcart

I might never use it, and I have picked up my bike before (that was one of the things I did before I bought her, but it was in nice flat grass with a side panier in place).. but I rather have this than to suck wind for 45 minutes.... lol
@FIRE UP can tell you all about the merits of devices like these. I think @Beowulf too.

Example: Ok, your AT has fallen, how many can pick it up, dirt or...

·
Registered
2018 CRF1000
10 Posts
millsy,
That's a great and very pleasant picture. I really like the back setting. You don't say where the pic was taken or, where you're from. You can put your area in your personal section and, when folks hover their mouse over your avatar, then your area shows up and folks can see what part of a country or, your country.
Scott
Cheers mate,
Picture was taken in Walpole, Western Australia

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey millsy1050,
Thanks for getting back here. That's some great country side you've got there. Very, very nice.
Scott

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Rich

" Red ones are for men "

I'm glad it's not just me that's been having trouble with girls since I got my red Africa Twin, look what I came back to just the other day when I popped down to Aldi to buy some cheap beers.

nice centre stand!

·
Registered
111 Posts
When I got my AT 6 months ago the dealer threw in some used oem panniers, but without the rubber cushions. So I put the order in then and waited..... They even matched the keys.
Well yesterday they arrived!! I was hoping before Christmas any Christmas!

·
Super Moderator
5,774 Posts
When I got my AT 6 months ago the dealer threw in some used oem panniers, but without the rubber cushions. So I put the order in then and waited..... They even matched the keys.
Well yesterday they arrived!! I was hoping before Christmas any Christmas!

View attachment 60625
That distracting (?) "itch" should finally be scratched!

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ya know, the thing about some water crossings like that one is, in certain conditions, the concrete surface just below the water line can be come mossy somewhat and that means it also can be very slippery. Not good for tire traction even though you're only a few inches deep. I watched a bicycle rider go down right in front of me at a road crossing where water had been just slightly running across the road but, the sun had only been moderately warm for a month or two. The road surface was slipperier than snot. That boy hit his head and needed to be life flighted out. Not good. Just some thoughts here. But, that does look really cool for sure.
Scott

121 - 140 of 143 Posts