Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100L Africa Twin ADVENTURE SPORTS ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Had someone disassembled the end of the exhaust?
In the service manual looks like it is possible, but when I disassembly end cup of the exhaust there is one more steel cover which is welded.

·
Super Moderator
5,732 Posts
Hey @Jan: I thought the same thing over the past summer. I doubt I will ever clean my spark arrester. I've never cleaned a spark arrester in four decades of riding, that is, it has never been an issue or hazzard.

By the way, welcome to the Forum!

What does your ride look like @Jan?

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,732 Posts
Possibly new in 2021. I cleaned the arrestors as part of one of the services and they were accessible.
I lied.

I cleaned out my spark arresters on my '76 Yamaha RD400. Half of the effort was removing the rust dust, and then whatever was left of the arresters. :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
Spark arrester = not Euro bike , your it´s an euro model , that´s why the difference

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
299 Posts
Our Green EU maffia buying woodchips from south America to burn here for electric to feed EV. It is a big crime if we remove the spark arrestors therefore they welded to the exhaust EU regulation.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Our Green EU maffia buying woodchips from south America to burn here for electric to feed EV. It is a big crime if we remove the spark arrestors therefore they welded to the exhaust EU regulation.
Funny. I guess the really don't need to be cleaned after all.

·
Registered
2021 CRF1100L Africa Twin ADVENTURE SPORTS ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
many thanks for each explanation, some funny :ROFLMAO: and some useful (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doesn't look like there is a factory spark arrestor at all. This is looking down the large pipe.
you see the exhaust servo valve at the end (out of focus)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts